By Edward G. Lengel
- Provides readers with new insights into formerly ignored features of Washington's life
- Features unique essays from best students and renowned historians
- Based on new examine from hundreds of thousands of formerly unpublished letters to and from Washington
Read Online or Download A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
After John Kennedy's assassination, Robert - previously his brother's no-holds-barred political warrior - was once left shocked and grieving. He used to be haunted through his brother's homicide and through the nation's failure to deal with its such a lot urgent demanding situations - race, poverty, and the struggle in Vietnam. He sensed that the USA was once wounded, and whilst he introduced that he used to be working for president, a lot of the rustic used to be overjoyed to listen to his message of therapeutic and desire.
At the night of 14 April 1865 whilst President Abraham Lincoln was once assassinated in Ford's Theatre, a complete viewers used to be witness to the tragedy. From diaries, letters, depositions, affidavits, and periodicals, here's a selection of debts from quite a few theatergoers - who accidentally observed one of many really pivotal occasions in U.
Woodrow Wilson's contribution to American overseas coverage is celebrated, yet his function within the improvement of yankee political proposal and associations is much less well-known. during this quantity, Wilson student Ronald J. Pestritto offers and introduces the statesman and president's seminal essays on such subject matters as: kingdom thought; the assumption of political liberty and the aim of presidency; reform of Congress, the presidency, and political events; and management in politics and management.
Gamal Abdel Nasser, architect of Egypt’s 1952 Revolution, president of the rustic from 1956 to 1970, hero to thousands around the Arab global because the Suez situation, was once additionally a family members guy, a faithful husband and father who stored his inner most existence principally inner most. In 1973, 3 years after his early passing on the age of fifty two, his spouse Tahia wrote a memoir of her loved husband for her family members.
- The Education of George Washington: How a forgotten book shaped the character of a hero
- Ben-Gurion, Zionism and American Jewry: 1948 - 1963 (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- Lee Kuan Yew: The Man and His Ideas
- The American Presidents Ranked by Performance, 1789-2012
- Mamata Banerjee: My Unforgettable Memories
Extra resources for A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward G. Lengel